The photo above has nothing to do with this post.
As you know, I am a huge YouTube fan. I love watching YouTube videos. Shockingly, I check YouTube more than my facebook page. For awhile, I’ve been thinking about doing vlogs. I’ve talked about vlogs in my previous post, which you can click HERE.
I don’t think I am all that interesting. Actually, I think I am quite the opposite. Although, I think my friends, especially my old co-workers are amazingly funny. And the moments we have together (even thought sometimes x-rated, in a funny way), I wished I could’ve caught on tape. For example this clip of my friend, Ronald. Ronald randomly freaks out in a big way and my other friend and fellow fluffy2fiter, Ryan, caught it on his iPhone.
What would I vlog about? I would generally vlog about my life kinda like how ShayCarl does. Since I don’t have a cute family like his, I would vlog about going through Communication/Journalism school, my friends, losing weight and getting fit. I really want to vlog Ron, Ryan, and I’s Orlando Trip this October. I know we would really enjoy watching those videos again later in life. I don’t want to do this to get rich or famous. I just want to record my life as it is happening. This is more for me than for anybody else, but if someone finds joy in it that’s great.
What’s stopping me?
- Vlogging in public. You don’t see a lot of people talking into a camera as they are holding it. I don’t want people giving me weird looks.
- Lack of good vlogging camera. In the age of HD, everyone expects all video, especially YouTube videos, to be in HD quality. Since I am a so-called wannabe techie, I really want the Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS. I don’t have a long arm (I blame my Asian-ness). With the Canon, I don’t have to hold the camera too far away to have my whole face in the frame. It also has great zoom, two mics, films in HD, and films in low light.
- My low manly voice. I’ll be the first one to admit, I have a man’s voice. I don’t know why and I don’t know if I can change it. I cringe at the thought of hearing my recorded voice.
- Trolls and hater comments. I am human like everybody else and sometimes words do hurt me.
- People are going to think it’s lame and stupid.
- My weight. My face is quite round and YES, I do have a double chin. (I am working on that.) If I look ugly in the video, I won’t post it. And all that time on filming and editing goes down the drain.