Here is an update since I’ve been home from my European month-long trip. I’ve been home for about three weeks and it’s been strange. I love being home. Hawai’i is where my heart will always be, but I found myself feeling a little depressed after my trip. i guess because I was on an extreme high of traveling so long then snapping back to reality. Anyway, I’m glad to be home and secretly planning on going another trip next summer.
Three weeks and this is what I’ve experienced:
- I realized that I am quite attached to my dog, Scruffy. I missed him a lot when I was gone.
- I still haven’t fully unpacked. Man, I need to clean up my room, asap!
- I got sick. I blame the weather change. I’m happy that I never got sick on my trip, except that one time I got really bad food poisoning.
- I bought myself an iPod Nano, because my iPod Touch was dying. RIP iPod Touch.
- I had to take my dad to the ER, because an acupuncturist hit his sciatic nerve. Not to worry, because….
- With that said…I may not be going back to school this semester to help take care of my dad. That’s what daughters do.
- I found out that I lost my job due to budget cuts, but my boss is fighting to get my job back.
- While I was sick, I rediscovered how awesome American Chopper is…or was. Honestly, I don’t like that father and son are not talking to each other, but I get it.
- I’m slowly starting to eat healthier. I made this awesome quinoa salad.
- I’ve been on this rampage on finding a good protein powder for women trying to lose weight. So far, Jay Robb has been that man!
- My blog was on the local news. Well, long story short, I raved about this Aloha Maid Coconut Water with Pineapple months ago. There is a recent recall due to “funky smell”. The news station needed a photo and I guess I was the only one that had one. Go figure.
- Guess who is still coming around…my favorite stray, Buddy. He lost quite a bit of weight while I was gone. I have to fatten him up. I’m debating if I should buy some fatty can food.
- Looks who hating the Hawai’i buckle it up law.
- Canon’s newest camera, the T4i. I really want it…bad.
- iPad 5. I don’t want this as bad as the camera, but it’s still an obsession.
- Fitness Guinea Pig on YouTube. Each week, they put to the test an fitness equipment or diet. Last week, they tested out a raw meal company. This week, UFC kinnect workouts.
- Dexter and Walking Dead. They are coming out around the same time.
- ComicCon. I wish I was there!
- These spicy Sriracha Peas from Target. So hot, but I can’t stop eating them.
- Renato Laranja. He makes me laugh.
- MMA spoofs. I love it.
That’s pretty much it. I’m slowly writing my travel adventures, but I’m a little fuzzy on Prague and Krakow. Apparently, they look almost exactly alike. So, I might just by pass that and write about Italy.
Another thing that I will be doing is watching 100 Movies. I was inspired by Jaina from Time Well Spent, who is currently half way done with her 100 movie challenge. Stay tuned for that one as well.
I’m glad to be back blogging and commenting….it’s keeping those traveling blues away, so keep them coming!