Today is an exciting day for Illusyon and I. Today we are announcing our first book in our book chit chat series. If you missed our previous post on what this whole 3L’s Book Chit Chat is, go ahead and read this post and Illusyon’s post.
Here are some rules:
- This week (12/23 – 12/29): We will be reading chapters 1-13.
- The first week (this week) of the book announcement, all participants will share their first impressions of the book.
- All participants will have one week to read the assigned chapters.
- (For 50SOG) Every Sunday, there will be a new post.
- Each week, Illusyon and I will blog a short synopsis of the assigned chapters, our individual thoughts & discussion questions, and the next assigned chapters on our personal blogs.
- Don’t worry if you can not keep up with the reading, because we will have a short synopsis of the assigned chapters
- All participants may comment down below or blog about it on his/her own blog. If you do choose to blog about it, please leave a link down below, so we can all read and comment.
- There will be spoilers.
- We ask all participants to NOT talk about chapters that we have not covered yet. Please keep the comments strictly to the assigned chapters.
- Feel free to share your honest opinions, but please respect everyone else. If we feel that your comment is unjust, Illusyon and I have all rights to edit or delete your comment as we see fit.
- Illuyson and I will have total different discussion questions, so we suggest that all participants check out both blogs.
- Due to the graphic nature of this book, we will be talking about adult-like things. Adult and sexual language may be used. Please be advised.
- If any participants don’t want to share his/her thoughts about this book on our respective blogs, feel free to email us at: Jen at email@example.com or me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If this book is not your cup of tea, don’t worry, we have all types of books lined up.
Here is my first impression with 50SOG:
At first, I wasn’t interested in this book. I’m not a huge fiction fan to begin with. I love romance books that are usually written by Nicholas Sparks. So, when I heard that 50SOG is a BDSM themed romance book , I thought, “No thank you!” After awhile, I started seeing a lot of my friends reading the book, then celebrities gossip sights like Perez Hilton started talking about it, I knew this book was gaining a lot of popularity. I expect this book to be filled with jaw dropping sex. I don’t expect a lot of romance, but then again, it is compared to be like Twilight. So, I’m expecting some Twilight-esqe love triangle (i.e. Edward-Bella-Jacob action), teenage whine/mood swings, and anti-bromance between two guys (i.e. Edward vs Jacob).
What’s your first impression of 50SOG?
Leaving? Don’t forget to grab a button. Just simple copy and paste…then add it to your blog! We are just starting out, so any signs of support would be nice!
Wanna link up? Linking is a great way for all of us to see each others’ blog. If you are writing your first impression on your personal blog, leave a link with the frog.
Next week, December 30th, chapters 1-13 will be talked about! Like I said early, if you can’t keep up, don’t worry, we will add a synopsis.