Here is some background on the 3L’s Book Chit Chat (Illusyon and I’s book club).
Illusyon is my real-life friend and recently turned wordpress blogger (you should check her out and make friends, please). She and I used to work together and shortly after became close friends. She loves the written word. She is currently a full time student double majoring in Accounting and English. She’s great at copy editing, which is a nice trait to have. The statement “Illusyon loves fiction” is an understatement. I would say she is passionate of books, she even neatly stacked in huge tupperware boxes. In her room, she has books upon books. Her weakness: paranormal romances.
Illusyon’s top three favorite books (on the top of her head–subject to change):
If you are a long time follower, you pretty much know who I am. For all you newbies from Illuyson’s blog, I’m Jen! Here you’ll find all kinds of things in my blog, but usually I blog about food, Hawai’i, traveling, and movies/TV shows. I love to read non-fiction. I have a semi-bad memory, which is why I find it challenging to read fiction. Then again, I like a challenge, which is why we are started this book club. I’m a full time student. I haven’t figured out if I want to go into Journalism or Communication.
My top 3 favorite books:
What’s the 3L’s Book Chit Chat?
We’ve all heard the saying, “Live, Laugh, Love”. We took that saying and added our own little twist. The 3L’s stands for
Love to Read
Live to Share
Laugh with Us
There it is, the 3L’s. The “Book Chit Chat” is pretty self explanatory. We are more than a book club. We invite all to join in our conversations, which is why we used the words, “chit chat”.
Anticipate a new post from both blogs of the 3L’s Book Chit Chat every Sundays. So, make sure you subscribe to Illuyson and I’s blog or come back every Sunday. (Since we are in Hawai’i, are time zones are behind everybody else. So, it’s best to say to come back on Mondays)
This is an open book reading extravaganza, so if you want to read with us, disscuss with us, recommend books to us, and any of the sort please join the 3L’s Book Chit Chat, by simply contacting Jen or I at our respective e-mails: Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com to get involved. We can’t guarantee that we will be reading everyone’s book request, but we’ll do our best.
Let’s live, laugh, love together! See you back on Sunday!
Rules and Guidelines (Please Read. Important!)
- The first week of the book announcement, all participants will share their first impressions of the book. (ie: what’s your thoughts of this book before you read it?)
- All participants will have one week to read the assigned chapters.
- Every Sunday, there will be a new post.
- Each week, Illusyon and I will blog a short synopsis of the assigned chapters, our individual thoughts & discussion questions, and the next assigned chapters on our personal blogs.
- Don’t worry if you can not keep up with the reading, because we will have a short synopsis of the assigned chapters
- All participants may comment down below or blog about it on his/her own blog. If you do choose to blog about it, please leave a link down below, so we can all read and comment.
- There will be spoilers.
- We ask all participants to NOT talk about chapters that we have not covered yet. Please keep the comments strictly to the assigned chapters.
- Feel free to share your honest opinions, but please respect everyone else. If we feel that your comment is unjust, Illusyon and I have all rights to edit or delete your comment as we see fit.
- Illuyson and I will have total different discussion questions, so we suggest that all participants check out both blogs.
- Due to the graphic nature of certain books, we will be talking about adult-like things. Adult and sexual language may be used. Please be advised.
- If any participants don’t want to share his/her thoughts about this book on our respective blogs, feel free to email us at: Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com.
- If this book is not your cup of tea, don’t worry, we have all types of books lined up.
*Subject to change at anytime* Last updated on January 13, 2013